We all have them. They’re heavy, all different sizes, colors, even shapes. For the avid reader, we want to be sure and display them as a part of our home. They are our friends who remind us who we have met in stories, who we want to be and what we know. They are in a sense, who we are, so they should be a part of our space, too. They are our books.
While the digital age is only getting more sophisticated, there is solace in our reading the original copy…holding the pages in our hands on a comfortable sofa with good lighting, enjoying, even noticing the faint essence of the pages. How do we organize our paper friends in a way that allows us to enjoy their lines? Look on…
• Don’t overlook the importance of use. A benefit of stacking horizontally then placing the books on their end is they are easier to retrieve when the mood arises.
• Recover with generously decorated paper, wallpaper or wrapping paper. Fur? Leather?
• Dare I suggest spray painting?
• For books you are less fond of, remove the outer cover for texture and uniformity.
• Mix them amongst clever and inviting objects for even more interest and sophistication
• Wrap the with twine
• Bind them with buckles
• Create a color theme
• Lay them on a table
• Open them
“Like” us on facebook, won’t you!?
Make it fab!
Click here to DISCOVER ALL OF JILL’S LATEST BLOGS FULL OF GREAT DESIGN, TIPS AND INSPIRATION
Got a comment? Reaction? Question? Interior Design question…WWJD?
Tell me what’s on your mind. I love hearing from you!
Photos: Jill Tran Interior Design
Jill Tran is a Kansas City Interior Designer and creates beautiful, custom interiors for her interior design clients in Kansas City and clients around the country.